Tal Kantor [b. 1988] is an award-winning independent animation filmmaker & visual artist.
[B.F.A] Graduated with honors from the 'Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, Jerusalem', ‘where she currently lectures at the Screen-Based Arts Department.
In her animated works, Tal uses a unique technique she has developed, which combines drawing, photography, video, painting, and animation.
Her short animated film "In Other Words" won 17 awards and was officially selected in more than 100 festivals worldwide.
She worked as the Animation Art Director of the documentary feature film "ADVOCATE" (Emmy Award winner 2021, Oscar shortlist 2020).
Tal is also an Animation workshop Mentor, Lector, and a Curator of Animation Exhibitions & special screening programs. Currently, she works as an Animation Director & Concept-Art developer for several films and art projects.
“Letter to a Pig”, which won the “Excellence Award” at the Japan Media Arts Festival (2022), is her debut film.
"Letter to a Pig" | 2022
"In Other Words" | 2016
"Under The Small Sun" (co-directed with 'Shahar Davis') | 2015
In Other Words (2016-2017)
- Best animated film award - PURE film festival, St. Petersburg, 2018
- Winner of the best narrative short film competition – Moscow Jewish Film Festival (MJFF), 2017
- Best Animated Film Award - San Diego Jewish Film Festival, 2017
- Winner of the short film international competition - Miami Jewish Film Festival, 2017
- Framestore Award for the best film of International Student Competition - Sommets du cinéma d’animation, Canada, Nov 2016
- Winner SenEDIT Best Story Award - Contact International Student Film Festival, Turkey, 2016
- The Film Critics Forum Award - The TLV International Student Film Festival, June 2016
- Winner 2nd Prize - 11th Athens Animfest, April 2016
- Winner 1st place - Animazion Jerusalem animation festival, march 2016
- Winner 2nd Prize - Asif – Animix International Animation Film Festival, TLV, August 2016
- Winner 3rd place - EPOS International Art Film Festival, March 2016
- Winner 2nd Prize - Beit Alliance cinema award student competition, JFF, July 2016
- The Honorable Mention - 19th Brussels Short Film Festival, may 2016
- Special Mention - Animasyros 9.0 International Animation Festival, September 2016
- Special Mention - FILMS FEMMES MEDITERRANEE, Oct 8 2016
- The Special Mention - VGIK International Student Festival, November 2016, Moscow
- A Diploma - XIII International film schools festival- "KINOPROBA" Russia, 2016
Notable Animation & Film Festivals:
ANNECY Int’l Animation Film Festival / Stuttgart Int’l Animation Festival / Animafest Zagreb/
Holland Animation Film Festival / Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival / Monstra animation film festival / Anima Mundi / Japan Media Arts Festival / Seoul International Cartoon & Animation festival / SIGGRAPH Asia / Animation Block Party film festival / Edinburgh International Film Festival / ZINEBI Festival / ATLANTA Film Festival / World Festival of Animated Film in Varna / Odense International Film Festival / and many others...
"Ciclic Animation" - Animation Production of "Letter to a Pig" - Vendome, France 2019
"New Arrivals - Go Short Campus" - Nijmegen, Netherlands 2017
"Aesthetics and Bias" project - Krakow 2015 - Tel Aviv/Jerusalem 2016